Euro Pro Operating - Shark Steam Mop Exploded - Unsafe Product
The Shark Steam Mop S3501CO worked well for about 20 uses. It then just quit working or at least we thought it did. With the unit being plugged in for 2 minutes, it must have build up steam under high pressure. The unit literally exploded causing steam to escape from the seams. The unit was extremely hot to the touch.
I've read many similar complaints but have not seen a recall from this company. I reported the incident to the CPSC and recommend that everyone else does as well. Products like these should be pulled off the shelves until rendered safe. I also filed a complaint with UL labs, whom list the unit as safe.
We were lucky not to be injured unlike others.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "On April 23, 2015 I made the mistake of ordering a microwave oven, 5 year warranty and trim kit from AppliancesConnection.com. At the time of placing the order,..."
- "My husband and I had been researching fridges for the past several months, and last week came across an 'open box' Samsung at Best Buy that was within range of..."
- "I purchased 2 two nu wave oven and both went through the same failure , dome crack. Other problem is that the unit at a year start losing the..."
- "I purchased a Winnebago ERA in December of 2010 from Paul Evert's RV Country. The dealer defrauded me about its history and condition, it was delivered to me with an..."
- "I have had a problem with my order for three weeks now and still haven't gotten a response, I've called corporate office 5 times yesterday alone, only to be connected..."
- "First, the delivery guys took the doors and shelves/bins off the new fridge, and placed them in the wet grass and dirt, leaning them up unprotected, against the tree in..."
- "Purchased a sofa 3 years ago and is already falling apart! Furniture only has one year warranty and after that... To bad, ""sorry,we are the equivalent of a Ross clothing..."
- "So far. NOT IMPRESSED.Or should I say. DISGUSTED!!!!! Bought a sectional in June and the stitching come off the couch that same month. ( it happens) BUT..."
- "I am currently in the process of taking the Meineke at 75th & Metcalf in OP, KS to court for damages that occurred during service work and fraud for selling..."